Why register a yacht in BVI?
The benefits of the British Virgin Islands
+ No tax on capital gain
+ No inheritance tax
+ 100 % Privacy
+ No VAT
+ 0 Taxes
+ Gains or profits derived by ownership, leasing or operation of a vessel registered in the BVI is exempt from any taxes.
In addition, no tax is payable by the crew non-residents on ships registered in the BVI and operated outside the territorial waters of the British Virgin Islands.
For more information, please contact us.
Immtriculate a yacht in British Virgin Islands:
The reasons to register your boat in the BVI are many:
- The costs of registering and managing are the lowest in the world
- Ideal structure for a boat that will be offered for rent
- No tax on profits from the operations or management of a ship
- Low annual renewal cost
- Anonymity guaranteed through the constitution of the offshore company
- You do not pay VAT on the purchase of your boat
- Access granted to all the ports in the world
- Union Jack Flag and protection of the British marines law
- Easy to resell the yacht under this structuration
Some things to know:
A ship may be registered in the BVI if more than half the shares of the ship are owned by a BVI company.
Do not worry, we are specialists in this kind of registration and within hours Â your company will be registered inÂ the BVI
You already love these conditions, read more:
Advantages of a yacht registration in the BVI:
â€¢ No tax on profits from the operation or management of a BVI ship.
â€¢ No tax on dividends received from a company that owns the boat.
â€¢ No stamp duty on mortgage deeds on a ship or other security documents.
â€¢ No income tax on compensations for officers and crew.
â€¢ Shipping companies are practically free of any type of tax.
Other Tax benefits with registrating in BVI:
- No tax is payable on the wages of the crew of BVI ships, which operate in international waters.
- No tax on capital gains is payable on the sale or transfer of a ship or shares in a shipping company
- No tax is payable on any dividend received from a shipping company in the BVI
- No registration duty is payable on the shares of a shipping company
- The ship management companies owned by non-residents, and ships operating in international waters will pay no tax on their profits
BVI has a long maritime history and the laws of the British Virgin Islands are perfect for holding a boat
BVI legislation provides that all documents which refer to ships are eligible provided they are submittedÂ in a language understandable to the officials,Â English in this case.
This provision makes the registration of vessels faster and saves on translation costs.
List of documents required to register your boat in the BVI:
- The deed or certificate of manufacturer
- A certificate of compliance by an international surveyor
- If your boat is already registered somewhere else, you will need to provide us with a certificate of cancellation.
If you have any questions, simply send an email: mail or call us at 972-3-643-7999.